"These days if you score above a 7 on the Awesome Scale you are legally mandated to go back in time and kill Hitler at the earliest available opportunity. Beaurocrats claim this is so we can “get it out of our system” but I theorize it was instituted purely to thin out the excess of clone-Hitlers grown during the Silver Age.
I took care of this tedious legal obligation yesterday."
Weeks ago we players found an in-game newspaper ad/coupon for "Rocket Poppeteers", an astronaut club surrounding an imaginary brand of Rocket Pops desserts, and we all sent them to the address, along with our desired "astronaut name".
Today, the long awaited reply came.
Interestingly when I sent my astronaut name in it was "SGT. Starborn" (I couldn't fit the whole thing.) My letter (hand addressed) came back to "Sergeant Starborn". If these are meant to be log ins, I wonder which I'll have to use?
Also, sergeant being spelled correctly (as opposed to someone else who got their letter misspelled, when they had spelled it correctly) and the vastly different handwriting proves that multiple abused Paramount interns had to work on this project!
Hoping the arrival of these letters kicks off some interesting in-game interaction
Click for larger
ETA: Well, it turns out it did use it as a login, and it was as confusing as I predicted. SGT. allcaps with period.
Here's what we (barely) manage to get done every week, aside from miscellany: Work job (biggest time sink aside from sleep). Spend night at boyfriend's house. Hang out with best friend. Hang out with other best friend. Play Wajas. Play weekly D&D game. Update Livejournal. Draw personal Art. Participate in ongoing ARG. Get in some reading before bed.
And we'd like to add: 2nd weekly Tabletop RP game. Play World of Warcraft. Draw art project art. Draw Webcomic. Participate in Play by Post RP.
Not to mention the things we'd do but can't find a place to jam in and so have cut out almost entirely: watch TV and Play Video Games.
Oh, and "get a good night's sleep".
And these are only the things we're including because they've got a hope of making it onto the list. There's a whole host of others, if only there was more time.
We just don't have the time to give more than a handful of these things they time they need/deserve, but none of us are willing to give up our pet projects for the sake of anyone else's.
Oh, and not to mention our parents get mad at me when we don't spend sufficiently "quality time" at home or doing things with them.
- Had terrible insomnia last night. Its really a seasonal thing for us; though I think I'm the most affected. Late spring/summer just seems to keep me awake all night. Feels like my skin is full of electricity. I wouldn't mind not sleeping if I didn't feel so damned TIRED, ya know?
- A nice surprise this morning; in addition to wajas I'm a member of the pet site Aywas, although I don't play very often. I logged in just for kicks today, and found that I'd been randomly awarded a Blue Custom Orb, the equivalent of a Silver Token on wajas, and worth quite a bit. Aywas customs are different from wajas, in that you actually get to design the markings and accessories yourself, so no pressure, right? XD
- Its no sooner that you meet someone new than they move away... Ah well. We'll always have the internet. XD
- I have like 3000+ MP3s on my computer. So why does Winamp always play the same 75-100 when I have it on shuffle? It's supposed to be RANDOM! Arghh! t does his all the time, and it's driving me nuts. I have switched to a new music player out of desperation, and I am hoping it will fix this. So far "Evil Player" is living up to its recommendation; it seems way more random on shuffle. The problem is it doesn't play my WMAs, but I can just convert those.
- Oh, Linkara, I want to steal you and keep you in a jar for my personal amusement. History of the Power Rangers has reminded me how ANGRY I was when they tried to replace Kimberly with Kat. It was bad enough that she left the show, but then the tried to make Kat Tommy's new love interest? Fuck that! Tommy/Kim was my second ever OTP, right after Rogue/Gambit. (David: I must interject here; I didn't have nearly the feelings Mordax has for Kimberly, but I'd meet Tommy at Ernie's Juice Bar any day of the week. ^_^) Also, I might end up doing some Lord Zedd fanart. Hehehehe.
I mean, seriously, what if the reason for his deep, mental change wasn't some 'enlightenment' but rather a result of the inbuilt instincts/chemistry of the body he was inhabiting? If that were the case, what the story really is, is a man slowly having his personal and cultural identity replaced with that of an alien; am I the only one freaked out by that?
(xposted to the Question Club)
So, overlord_mordax, your LiveJournal reveals...
You are... 1% unique, 10% peculiar, 45% interesting, 30% normal and 13% herdlike (partly because you, like everyone else, enjoy sarcasm). When it comes to friends you are popular. In terms of the way you relate to people, you are wary of trusting strangers. Your writing style (based on a recent public entry) is simplistic.
Your overall weirdness is: 0
(The average level of weirdness is: 28.
You are weirder than 0% of other LJers.)
Find out what your weirdness level is!